Saturday, November 22, 2008

Doing well


It's 2:23, and Lauren and I are up with Eston. He likes to be held, and he likes to eat. Seeing him with his eyes open is such a treat! He's doing all the things he's supposed to be doing, so we're happy about that. Lauren and I have been flipping back and forth from feeling a bit overwhelmed to a bit confident that we can in fact handle this new, totally different role.

The love and support from family and friends, from quick visits to emails and notes, has warmed our hearts and encouraged us to keep moving forward and looking on the bright side of the challenges and concerns we face.

I feel like the first 36 years of my life have been to prepare me for this new life. It's a fun, exciting challenge, and I'm looking forward to more.

No comments: