







My uncle Lee and his kids Camilla and Francesco visited us last week from Brussels. Eston shrieked with delight and ran circles around our house out of excitement over their visit. A highlight was going to two parks, including a splash park. Eston is pretty timid in new settings, so he clung to me and insisted that I go with him for the splashing. We had an awesome time, and I was happy to be in the water in the 90+ degree weather we've had for many weeks in Atlanta. Eston independently played in the tiniest fountains that are designed for babies who can barely sit up. While I'd prefer that he have some more fun on his own, I'm also relieved that he isn't a daredevil. Camilla and Francesco were very sweet to Eston, even putting up with their little cousin's egocentrism that is typical of a 20-month-old. They seemed curious as to why he is so fair-skinned and why his belly sticks out so far. Eston seemed curious about everything Camilla and Francesco did and imitated a lot of it, including drinking frizzante (fizzy) water.
No comments:
Post a Comment