Tuesday, September 23, 2008

1 comment:

Randy McDow said...

I got home about 7:30, set up the sander and went to work knocking out the slats. I finished the last one about 10:05 p.m. I really got a good feel for sensing when the tenon was the right size (7/16" in diameter, 3/8" long), how much pressure and how much spinning of the slat it needed to get to the right size while aiming for perfectly round.

This would have taken *forever* without the sander, using the jig and router table (not effective on most) or a chisel (either slow if it isn't sharp, or dangerous if it is). Now I'm ready to move on with construction. I do still need to sand the slats and stain them, but getting them to size is done. We'll see when I put it together if one or two slats have their tenons cut too small so they just won't fit....