Monday, September 8, 2008

Labor of Love

Randy has been hard at work on building the crib, especially since he negotiated for the chance to go on one last pre-baby overnight hiking trip (I'll be staying home with plumbing, heating/AC, and a mattress to sleep on!!) in mid-October if he finishes the crib by then. Here are some action shots.

1st picture: The jointer, which creates square corners.

2nd picture: The band saw, which cuts boards in half to get two half inch boards.

3rd picture: The planer, which makes one side parallel to another.

4th picture: One of 56 slats he has to make to prevent the baby from falling on the floor (and a slightly larger piece from which he'll cut the next slat)!
























5 comments:

Mad Mellie said...

The nursery looks precious! You have done a fantastic job. And Randy, I'm so impressed by your carpentry skills. Can't wait to see how the crib comes out. Lauren, you look amazing :-)

Randy McDow said...

I created several problems for myself with the crib, and I'm working out solutions to them. I know I'll keep making mistakes. But I know I'm getting better when I can create efficient ways to fix the problems. :-)

Mary said...

Is there going to be another poll where we get to pick which power tool Randy gets next??
-MC

Randy McDow said...

Ha ha. :-)

Let's see:

Dewalt scroll saw
Rikon stationary combo belt sander/disc sander
Makita lithium-ion cordless impact driver

Those would be the top three on the wish list.

todd said...

I should maybe change my vote now that I've seen how many power tools Randy already has.